my strikers

Decided to try out the char-cloth I made yesterday to see if it worked. In order to double check before I used it in the bush or on a training course. Its been a while since I made any but worked better than I thought. The Calico I brought didn’t feel like the stuff I used years ago. The Char worked great with the Flint and Steel, I also wanted to test out the three models steel strikers I had including a titanium mode and a black-powder version.

the char blew up too quick to capture a good picture

Having a little trouble with the Fire-piston, mainly due to past hand injuries. Pistons aren’t something I see much of on Youtube or carried in belt pouches. (Remember lubricate the o-ring with either spit or chap stick and hit , pause and pull).